Slaugham Parish is reasonably large in terms of area and unusual in having four distinct settlements, the villages of Handcross, Pease Pottage, Slaugham and Warninglid in the northern part of the District of Mid Sussex and the County of West Sussex.
Beyond the four villages the parish is situated in High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (with the exception of a very small area north of Pease Pottage.) and consists of open countryside and extensive woodlands, much of it ancient woodland. There are isolated farm houses but the proportion of the parish population living outside the villages is very small.
To the north and west lie the Borough of Crawley and District of Horsham respectively. Adjoining the parish to the east are the parishes of Worth, Turners Hill, Balcombe and Cuckfield; to the south are the parishes of Bolney and Cowfold; and to the west are the parishes of Lower Beeding and Colgate.
The earliest parish records are thought to date back to 1606. The Parish lies alongside the A23 London to Brighton road and is one of the larger parishes within the Mid Sussex District Council area. There are approximately 1,200 households in the parish with a population of 2,700.
For more information on Slaugham Parish, please see the PDF's below.